Changing Your Lg Refrigerator Defrost Timer
LG refrigerators that are available today possess only two different types of defrost devices. The first variation is a Adaptive defrost board. This is an digital circuit mother board which will manages the actual on/off time period plus rate of recurrence with your refrigerator defrosts period.
The other variety is going to be defrost timer. This is not difficult to see which one you possess by just having your model no . and calling a local appliance components seller. Within this article we are inspecting and also exchanging the actual defrost timer.
Detaching the defrost timer. The defrost timer usually is located in the compressor area in the back of the fridge. It may also be found behind the front grille, within the temperature control console, or perhaps at the rear of the cover plate inside the refrigerator (inset).
To take off your defrost timer, disconnect your refrigerator as well as unscrew the timer within your case. Detach any green cable from your timer. Your timer is linked in to the wiring using a harness plug, which contains 4 connections. So that you can connect this in the appropriate placement, mark a single side of your connect and the defrost timer using masking tape before tugging away the connect.
Testing the actual defrost timer. Find the common terminal associated with your timer, frequently connected to the white wire from the harness connector (if your terminals are actually numbered, it will be # 3). Connect a multitester probe to the common terminal and next, while using meter positioned at RX100, contact another probe to every of the other 3 terminals. Two of these pairs requires total continuity as the 3 rd shouldn’t have any continuity.
Then simply, by using a screw driver, rotate your defrost timer switch manually up until you hear a click. Check your timer again exactly the same way. two of your 3 terminal pairs need to demonstrate continuity, as the 3rd -not the same one as before- should not. In either test, if virtually all three sets have got continuity, or maybe only 1 does, the defrost timer is malfunctioning. To put in a brand new defrost timer or even reinstall the existing one, hook up your green ground wire and after that hook up that harness plug. Attach the defrost timer on the refrigerator cabinet and replace the back panel, if any.
For people with the LG Refrigerator using a computer controlled Adaptive defrost board. Shown below is among the most popular way of testing the control board.
Refrigerators by LG have an automated contact pad graphical user interface that the actual functions and features of the refrigerator will be chosen and set. Pushing a mixture of these particular control panel buttons places your refrigerator into test mode. When it is in test mode, special features and operations with the refrigerator is going to be activated and viewed intended for diagnostic purposes.
1) Click the “Express Freezing” key plus the “Colder” key of the Freezer Temperature function together in addition to hold for three seconds. The refrigerator will enter Test Mode 1. Test Mode 1 will allow diagnostic operation of the compressor and freezer fan, stepping damper open, defrosting heater off and display LEDs all on.
2) Press your “Express Freezing” key and also “Colder” key of the Freezer Temperature function simultaneously while in Test Mode 1 and keep for 3 seconds. Your refrigerator will enter Test Mode 2. Test Mode 2 allows diagnostic operations of your compressor as well as freezer fan, stepping damper close and defrosting heater off.
3) Push the “Express Freezing” key along with the “Colder” key on the Freezer Temp function at the same time when it is in Test Mode 2 plus maintain for 3 seconds. The refrigerator will begin Test Mode 3. Test Mode 3 enables diagnostic operations on the compressor and freezer fan off, stepping damper close and defrosting heater on.
4) Press the “Express Freezing” key along with the “Colder” key belonging to the Freezer Temperature function in addition while in Test Mode 3 and maintain for 3 seconds. The refrigerator will reset to the state prior to entering test mode.
5) Unplug your refrigerator from the wall outlet, then simply plug it back in in order to reset the appliance right after emerging from test mode.